After Care Instructions for Filler:
During the first 24-48 hours after your dermal filler treatment you may experience redness, swelling, bruising and/or tenderness in the treated areas. Redness and swelling usually resolves within the first 24- 48 hours, except in those with especially sensitive skins who may take longer. Bruising may take several days to fade. The following guidelines are recommended during the first 24-48 hours following injection treatment.
- Apply cool compresses to the treated areas to relieve swelling and reduce the risk of bruising.
- Arnica gel may be used to help bruising and to promote healing.
- Cleanse and moisturize as usual, but it is best to avoid using more active products containing AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids/Glycolics), BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acids), or Retinoid gels or creams during the first 24 hours as these may inflame the injection sites.
- Avoid drinking excessive amounts of alcohol as this increases circulation and may prolong bruising or swelling.
- Drink water regularly throughout the day (Approximately 8 glasses of water is recommended daily).
- Avoid taking blood-thinning medicines, such as Aspirin.
- Should you feel or see any lumps in the treated areas once swelling has subsided it is recommended that you gently massage the area carefully with clean fingers.
- Do not have facials, facial waxing, Glycolic or AHA peels, Liquid Nitrogen (dry ice) or laser treatments for 10-14 days after injection.
- Occasionally, injections into the lips can activate cold sores in those prone to this condition. Cold sore ointment is available over the counter in a pharmacy and should be used at the first sign of an outbreak. Our clinicians can prescribe cold sore tablets as a preventative measure prior to future treatments if cold sores are problematic for you.
- With ALL fillers, when injected with the CANNULA technique, the insertion site can be raised and swollen for up to 24 hours. Apply cool compresses to the area for 24-48 hours. It will go away.
- Filler results are not always immediate. It can take up to a FULL MONTH to see the ideal results.
After Care Instructions for Botox/Dysport/Xeomin:
- Do not lay down for 2 hours after injections.
- Make facial expressions for quicker onset.
- It can take between 5-14 days to fully see final results.
- If you are asymmetrical or have movement, please call the office within 2 weeks of the injection.
- Any appointments that are made more than 3 weeks after the original appointment will be
charged a fee.
After Care Instructions for IPL:
- Do NOT exfoliate, masque or use Clarisonic on the face for 5-7 days after treatment.
- Once first exfoliate takes place, exfoliate weekly.
- Coffee-ground like scabbing will occur in the areas of “dark spots.”
- Best results are achieved with 3-5 treatments done 4 weeks apart.
After Care Instructions for Venus Viva/Micro-needling:
- Do not apply makeup for 24 hours to your face.
- Apply Aquaphor as needed.
- Redness & swelling can occur and will dissipate in 24-48 hours.
- Do not exfoliate for 5-7 days after treatment.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to call the office. 203-513-8457 Our normal business hours are Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM. If it is an emergency please leave a message.