A photofacial, also known as Intense Pulsed Light, is a treatment that reverses sun damage, as well as improves tone and texture in the process. In other words, photofacial treatments reportedly:
- Tighten pores.
- Reduce the severity of acne.
- Reduce the appearance of or eliminate sun spots and freckles.
- Lessen hyperpigmentation.
- Treat skin flushing and skin redness.
- Reduce the appearance of scars (acne, chickenpox, etc.).
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reverse sun damage.
- Treat vascular lesions (broken capillaries, blood vessels, telangiectasia, rosacea).
- Improve facial contour.
- Tighten skin.
- Boost collagen and elastin production.